The Ordinance Committee Meeting scheduled for December 2, 2020 has been CANCELLED and will not be rescheduled.
GENERAL ELECTION DAY
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Governor Murphy has issued Executive Order 177, ordering the November 3, 2020 General Election be conducted primarily by Vote by Mail Ballots with at least one polling location open in each municipality.
For the 2020 General Election, the Township of Monroe will have three (3) polling locations:
- Voters who live in Ward 1 (Districts 7, 17, 20, 22, 23, 24) and voters who live in Ward 3 (Districts 2, 6, 12, 18, 19, 26) will vote at: Williamstown Middle School (5/6 Gymnasium), located at 561 Clayton Road, Williamstown, NJ 08094
- Voters who live in Ward 2 (Districts 1, 3, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16) will vote at: Monroe Township Public Library (Meeting Room), located at 713 Marsha Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094
- Voters who live in Ward 4 (Districts 4, 5, 8, 11, 15, 21, 25) will vote at: Whitehall Elementary School (Gymnasium), located at 161 Whitehall Road, Williamstown, NJ 08094
These polling locations will be open for in-person Provisional Ballot voting (paper ballot voting) from 6:00am to 8:00pm.
Registered voters with disabilities will be accommodated with a voting device at the polling location. Voters with disabilities needing to use this voting device will be required to sign a sworn statement declaring they are disabled.
During the week of October 5, 2020, Vote by Mail Ballots will be mailed to all active registered voters in Gloucester County, without the need for an application to request a Vote by Mail Ballot.
Completed Vote by Mail Ballots for the 2020 General Election may be returned in one of the following ways:
• the voter may mail their own Vote by Mail Ballot via the US Postal Service (Vote by Mail Ballots must be postmarked on or before 8:00pm November 3, 2020 and be received by the Gloucester County Office of Elections on or before November 10, 2020)
• the voter may place their own Vote by Mail Ballot in a secure Gloucester County Ballot Drop Box at one of the 13 locations in Gloucester County until 8:00pm on November 3, 2020
• the voter may deliver their own Vote by Mail Ballot in person to the Gloucester County Office of Elections by 8:00pm on November 3, 2020
• the voter may hand-deliver their own Vote by Mail Ballot on General Election Day to the appropriate polling location (between 6:00am and 8:00pm), placing it in a ballot box, provided by Gloucester County, which will be delivered to the Gloucester County Office of Elections after the close of polls
Every active voter registered in New Jersey should receive a Vote by Mail Ballot in the mail. If it has not arrived by October 12, 2020, track your Vote by Mail Ballot status online at www.vote.nj.gov or contact the Gloucester County Clerk, Jim Hogan, at (856) 853-3237.
• registered voters who did not receive a Vote by Mail Ballot to return, may complete a Provisional Ballot (paper ballot) at their appropriate polling location on November 3, 2020 between 6:00am and 8:00pm. The Provisional Ballot will be placed in a ballot box, which will be delivered to the Gloucester County Office of Elections after the close of polls
A Gloucester County Ballot Drop Box for completed Vote by Mail Ballots will be available at the following locations:
1. Gloucester County Office of Elections (550 Grove Road, West Deptford, NJ 08066) *you may go inside and deliver your Vote by Mail Ballot directly to the Elections staff, if you prefer
2. Gloucester County Administration Building (2 S. Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096)
3. Gloucester County Clayton Complex (1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton, NJ 08312)
4. Gloucester County Division of Social Services (400 Holly Dell Drive, Sewell, NJ 08080)
5. Deptford Municipal Building (1011 Cooper Street, Deptford, NJ 08096)
6. Franklin Municipal Building (1571 Delsea Drive, Franklinville, NJ 08322)
7. Glassboro Municipal Building (1 S. Main Street, Glassboro, NJ 08028)
8. Harrison Municipal Building (114 Bridgeton Pike, Mullica Hill, NJ 08062)
9. Mantua Municipal Building (401 Main Street, Mantua, NJ 08051)
10. Monroe Municipal Building (125 Virginia Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094)
11. Paulsboro Municipal Building (1211 Delaware Street, Paulsboro, NJ 08066)
12. Washington Municipal Building (523 Egg Harbor Road, Sewell, NJ 08080)
13. Woolwich Municipal Building (120 Village Green Drive, Swedesboro, NJ 08085)
These drop boxes are secure and under 24-hour surveillance, and the ballots will be picked up daily by a Gloucester County Sheriff’s Officer.
Am I a Registered Voter?
• Voter Search
How Do I Register to Vote?
• Register to Vote
For more important information:
Important Dates Regarding the 2020 General Election:
• October 5, 2020 – Commencement of Mailing of Vote by Mail Ballots for General Election
• October 13, 2020 – Voter Registration Deadline for General Election (the Monroe Township Clerk’s Office will be open until 7:00pm for in-person Voter Registration)
• November 3, 2020 – General Election Day (polling locations open 6:00am to 8:00pm)
To contact the Monroe Township Clerk’s Office, please call (856) 728-9800 ext. 214, 215, 216, or 217.
Aileen Chiselko, RMC
Township of Monroe, County of Gloucester
The Open Space Advisory Committee Meeting scheduled for September 14, 2020 has been CANCELLED and will not be rescheduled.
Message from the tax office!
The Tax Bills will be mailed by the end of July. The last day to pay the August quarter will August 25th and the new due date will be on the bills. The public is still encouraged to utilize the drop box located by the glass doors in front of Town Hall on Virginia Avenue. Payments, paperwork and rebate forms can left in this box and will be completed and returned to you. Payments can also be mailed to our office, paid online thru the Township’s website, paid by phone at 866-572-9477 using the tax account # on your tax bill or paid using online banking thru your bank. (The convenience fee of $1.05 for using an e-check will be credited to your next tax quarter). The fees charged for payments made by credit/debit will not be credited. Please go to our department page for additional tax office information.
Pursuant to Executive Order No. 103, Governor Phil Murphy declared that a Public Health Emergency and State of Emergency exists in the State of New Jersey as a result of an outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”), a contagious, and at times fatal, respiratory disease.
Please be advised, on April 8, 2020, Governor Phil Murphy signed Executive Order No. 120, postponing and rescheduling primary elections scheduled for Tuesday, June 2, 2020 to Tuesday, July 7, 2020 in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.