Please be advised, the Planning Board Special Meeting for this evening, Thursday, December 16, 2021 has been cancelled. The Lidl application will be heard at a later date and new notice will be sent to the property owners within 200 feet. So sorry for the late notice. The Planning Board reorganization meeting will be held on January 13, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Thank you….Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Department of Public Safety Is now accepting applications for a
Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator
The Monroe Township Office of Emergency Management is responsible for the Townships Emergency Response Plan (EOP) and all related duties. We are looking for an energetic, positive, self-driven individual with the desire to apply their talents and experience to a team that makes up the Monroe Township Office of Emergency Management.
• Prior emergency service/police experience preferred
• Skills and ability to update and maintain Monroe Twp.’s Emergency Operation Plan (EOP)
• Familiar with NJ Emergency Management Grants website
• Working computer knowledge of word and excel
• Ability to be on call a minimum of four days a month, flexible schedule
• Ability to attend training or already attended: Basic Workshop in Emergency Management and up to ICS 200
• Maintain 24 hours of training a year
• Instructor certified “Methods of Instruction” or similar certification preferred
• Work well with other members of the emergency services
• Designated Safety Coordinator for Monroe Twp.
• Ability to issue addresses within Monroe Twp.
• Ability to comply with OPRA requests
• Ability to Issue Monroe Twp. Identifications
• Familiar with the operations of an Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
• Familiar with the Right to Know program
• Anyone interested should refer to State OEM web site and Monroe Twp. OEM Ordinance for additional information on duties and qualifications
• Ability to keep records and files
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
Appointee must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
RATE: $17.61-22.66 per hour/ Part Time position (24 hours a week)
Residency restriction preferred
Applications can be submitted to:
Christine Scola, Human Resource Department ~ 125 Virginia Ave. 3rd Floor
Applications can be found at: monroetownshipnj.org/employment
Expiration of posting: December 31, 2021
TOWNSHIP OF MONROE
COUNTY OF GLOUCESTER
Department of Administration ~ Office of Personnel
856-728-9800 ext. 205
Be advised, the Planning Board will hold a special meeting on December 16, 2021 beginning at 6:00 p.m.
in the courtroom on the first floor of the municipal building.
Be advised, the public hearing concerning application #1859 The Enclave at Monroe, LLC, is being adjourned to a later date. New notice will be sent to all property owners within 200 feet. Please contact the Planning Board Office with any questions or concerns. Thank you.
Click here for more info on the Land Sale scheduled for December 8, 2021:
General Election Early Voting – October 23, 2021 thru October 31, 2021 – Monroe Township Public Library
Early Voting in New Jersey is here!
Earlier this year, historic legislation (S3203) established in-person early voting in New Jersey. This law makes our state even more voter-friendly and strengthens our democracy by expanding opportunities to exercise your right to vote. This new option allows registered voters to cast their ballot in person, using a voting machine, during a nine-day period prior to Election Day. You can now choose to vote, in person, when it is most convenient for your schedule.
Gloucester County will provide registered voters with this option for the November 2, 2021 General Election. Gloucester County will have five (5) in-person early voting locations (see below) that will be open Saturday, October 23, 2021 through Sunday, October 31, 2021. Hours will be Monday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
An Early Voting Site is available in Monroe Township at:
Monroe Township Public Library
713 Marsha Avenue, Williamstown, New Jersey 08094
Additional Early Voting Sites throughout Gloucester County are available at:
Riverwinds Community Center
1000 Riverwinds Drive, Thorofare, New Jersey 08086
RCSJ Behavioral Science Center
1400 Tanyard Road, Sewell, New Jersey 08080
GC Swedesboro Facility
141 Glen Echo Avenue, Swedesboro, New Jersey 08085
Chamberlain Student Center at Rowan University
201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, New Jersey 08028
For more information on Early Voting in New Jersey: