(856) 728-9800 Ext. 213


Click here to request a certified copy of birth, marriage, or death certificate by mail: Application for a Certified Copy of a Vital Record



Birth certificates can only be issued to persons born in Monroe Township.  It is very unusual for us to issue a birth certificate because there is no hospital located in the Township.  Basic issuance is for children born at home.

Birth Certificate Fee:  $10.00


Marriage/Civil Union  Applications taken by appointment only.  Please call (856) 728-9800 x213 for an appointment.

The marriage or civil union license must be obtained from the registrar in the New Jersey municipality in which either applicant resides, if one or both is a resident of New Jersey.  If both parties are not residents of New Jersey, the license must be obtained from the Registrar of the municipality where the ceremony is to be performed and is only good for use in that municipality.

There is a 72 hour waiting period.  The license is valid for 30 days from the issue date.

You must bring one witness over the age of 18 that know both parties, for the application process.  Current valid identification is required for the witness and the couple getting married.

You may purchase a certified copy of marriage/civil union from the Registrar of the Municipality where the marriage was performed.  A certified copy is required to make legal name changes on driver’s license, social security, bank accounts, etc.

Application for License Fee:  $28.00

Certified Copy Fee: $10.00

Click here: Application for License – Marriage-Civil Union


 The Township can only issue a Death Certificate the first time to the local funeral director.  Afterwards, they must be issued from the Township where the person died.  Death reports are sent to the Board of Elections.  This is the source to keep Election Books updated.

Death Certificate Fee: $10.00


The Board of Health consists of seven (7) Board Members.  The board meets once a month on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM (No Meetings in July and August).

The Health Department takes complaints from residents regarding dogs running at large, trash, debris, high grass and weeds, nuisances, etc.

The Health Department is responsible for Kennel Licenses, Retail Food Licenses, Swine Licenses, Campground Licenses, Rabies Clinic, Animal Violations, Dog Canvassing and Mobile Home Parks.