TOWNSHIP OF MONROE
COUNTY OF GLOUCESTER
Full Time Clerical position ~ Planning Department
Positions in this title perform routine clerical work within a structured work setting. Incumbents work under close supervision with clearly defined guidelines and operating procedures. Under direction performs a variety of clerical tasks which involve computing, classifying, verifying, and recording data and the reconciliation of accounts, records, and documents; does other related duties as required. Computer literate, phone skills, and strong communication skills are required. Example of some software applications used are Edmunds, Word and Excel. Must have excellent customer service skills. Must be able to multi-task.
NOTE: The definition and examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Strong communication skills and customer service
• Learns and assists in the work involved in the development and implementation of planning projects.
• Overseeing planning development plans and applications. Advising stakeholders on planning policy and regulations. Providing guidance and representation at key planning meetings and appeal hearings. Managing planning compliance.
• Attends meetings, completes minutes for those meets.
• Receives, screens, reviews and verifies documents. Reviews and checks assigned reports, applications, and other documents for corrections and completeness; refers problems to a lead worker or supervisor for resolution.
• Sorts, indexes, and files checks, cash stubs, vouchers, requisitions and other materials, numerically, alphabetically, or according to other predetermined classification; maintains such files.
• Receives applications, documents, forms and fees; screens, sorts and assembles this information for further processing. Including outside mail.
• Assembles materials and forms for distribution as directed. Hand stamps letters, papers, and other documents.
• Provides general, routine information in person and over the telephone; refers complicated or non-routine inquiries to appropriate staff.
• May enter and/or retrieve information on a computer terminal. May perform keyboarding/typing duties.
• Prepares routine reports or assists in the preparation of reports by gathering data, tabulating results, and/or preparing simple charts. Maintains records and files.
*Position requires attendance at Zoning Board and Planning Board meetings, usually four times a month and doing minutes from those meetings. Meeting and minutes are not optional.
*One (1) year or more of experience in clerical work preferred.
*High school diploma, GED or greater
Letters of interest with applications can be submitted to:
Christine Scola/Human Resource Department ~ 125 Virginia Ave. 3rd Floor Williamstown
Applications can be found at monroetownshipnj.org/employment
In house & outside applicants welcome to apply
**** Closing Date for submission of applications is August 3, 2022