GENERAL ELECTION DAY
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Governor Murphy has issued Executive Order 177, ordering the November 3, 2020 General Election be conducted primarily by Vote by Mail Ballots with at least one polling location open in each municipality.
For the General Election, the Township of Monroe’s one polling location will be Williamstown Middle School (5/6 Gymnasium), located at 561 Clayton Road, Williamstown, NJ 08094.
This polling location will be open for in-person Provisional Ballot (paper ballot) voting from 6:00am to 8:00pm.
Registered voters with disabilities will be accommodated with a voting device at the polling location. Voters with disabilities needing to use this voting device will be required to sign a sworn statement declaring they are disabled.
During the week of October 5, 2020, Vote by Mail Ballots will be mailed to all active registered voters, without the need for an application to request a Vote by Mail Ballot.
Completed ballots may be returned in one of the following ways:
• the voter may mail their own Vote by Mail Ballot via the US Postal Service (Vote by Mail Ballots must be postmarked by November 3, 2020)
• the voter may place their own Vote by Mail Ballot in the secure Gloucester County Ballot Drop Box located outside of the Monroe Municipal Building (125 Virginia Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094) until 8:00pm on General Election Day, November 3, 2020
• the voter may hand-deliver their own Vote by Mail Ballot on General Election Day to the polling location (between 6:00am and 8:00pm), placing it in a ballot box, provided by Gloucester County, which will be delivered to the Gloucester County Board of Elections after the close of polls
• registered voters who did not receive a Vote by Mail Ballot to return may complete a Provisional Ballot (paper ballot) at the polling location on General Election Day. The Provisional Ballot will be placed in a ballot box, which will be delivered to the Gloucester County Board of Elections after the close of polls.
A Gloucester County Ballot Drop Box for Vote by Mail Ballots will be available at the following locations:
1. Gloucester County Office of Elections (550 Grove Road, West Deptford, NJ 08066) *you may go inside and deliver your Vote by Mail Ballot directly to the Elections staff, if you prefer
2. Gloucester County Clayton Complex (1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton, NJ 08312)
3. Deptford Municipal Building (1011 Cooper Street, Deptford, NJ 08096)
4. Franklin Municipal Building (1571 Delsea Drive, Franklinville, NJ 08322)
5. Glassboro Municipal Building (1 S. Main Street, Glassboro, NJ 08028)
6. Mantua Municipal Building (401 Main Street, Mantua, NJ 08051)
7. Monroe Municipal Building (125 Virginia Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094)
8. Paulsboro Municipal Building (1211 Delaware Street, Paulsboro, NJ 08066)
9. Pitman Municipal Building (110 S. Broadway, Pitman, NJ 08071)
10. Washington Municipal Building (523 Egg Harbor Road, Sewell, NJ 08080)
11. West Deptford Municipal Building (400 Crown Point Road, Thorofare, NJ 08086)
12. Woolwich Municipal Building (120 Village Green Drive, Swedesboro, NJ 08085)
13. Gloucester County Administration Building (2 S. Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096)
These drop boxes are secure and under 24-hour surveillance, and the ballots will be picked up daily by a Gloucester County Sheriff’s Officer.
Am I a Registered Voter?
• Voter Search
How Do I Register to Vote?
• Register to Vote
For more important information:
Important Dates Regarding the 2020 General Election:
• October 5, 2020 – Commencement of Mailing of Vote by Mail Ballots for General Election
• October 13, 2020 – Voter Registration Deadline for General Election
• November 3, 2020 – General Election Day (polling location open 6:00am to 8:00pm)
To contact the Monroe Township Clerk’s Office, please call (856) 728-9800 ext. 214, 215, 216, or 217.
Aileen Chiselko, RMC
Township of Monroe, County of Gloucester