Job Posting: BUILDING SUBCODE OFFICIAL Monroe Township Construction Department Part-Time & Full-Time options
BUILDING SUBCODE OFFICIAL
Monroe Township Construction Department
Part-Time & Full-Time options
TOWNSHIP OF MONROE COUNTY OF GLOUCESTER
Under direction of the Construction Official, has the subordinate administrative responsibility for administering the building subcode of the State Uniform Construction Code within the concerned
jurisdiction, and inspects and/or supervises the inspection of buildings in construction projects underway to ensure that compliance with plans and specifications approved in accord with State Uniform Construction Code is achieved; does other related duties.
Applicants must possess a valid license as a Building Subcode Official issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
Applicants must also possess a Fire Subcode Official
Applicants must possess a valid license as a Building Inspector at the appropriate level, residential and commercial (RCS), industrial and commercial (ICS), or high-rise and hazardous (HHS), depending on the class of structure, issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Reviews and approves plans of proposed structures as provided in the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code regulations for conformity with building and energy subcodes.
- Develops the inspection work program with effective and appropriate procedures, analyzes construction inspection problems, and establishes appropriate work methods.
- Inspects, evaluates, and supervises the inspection of construction work in projects underway to ensure that all work installed conforms to the requirements of the approved plans and the building and energy subcodes and the regulations of the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.
- Supervises code compliance for building and energy subcodes of all construction and contractors to ensure that required standards are observed in accord with approved plans and specifications.
- Halts construction work by contractors when and if reasonable standards of craftship, safety, and plans, specifications, and/or legal requirements are not being observed.
- Collects and records permit and other fees, issues permits, and verifies that required prior approvals have been obtained and is responsible for ensuring that these actions are in accord with the regulations for the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with architects, engineers, and construction personnel.
- Reviews construction to ensure that all materials, methods, and assemblies conform to the standards referenced by the code and manufacturers’ installation directions as well as other matters not shown in a set of plans but required for conformity with the code.
- Issues site warnings, citations, and stop work orders in cases of serious violations of the adopted subcodes or regulations which might endanger the health, safety, and/or welfare of the public or building occupants.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of recommendations regarding both temporary and final certificates of occupancy.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of violation reports.
- Testifies in court and in administrative hearings.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Civil service CODE: 05048 Class of service- competitive
(applicants hired as provisional and subject to civil service exam)
RATE RANGE: $24.77-$50.55
The Township of Monroe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications can be found at: monroetownshipnj.org/employment
Christine Scola, Human Resource Department ~ 125 Virginia Ave. Williamstown, NJ 08094
**** Closing Date for submission of applications is Tuesday November 28, 2023 or upon finding qualified applicant (3