Job Posting: Monroe Township
Department of Public Works/
is now accepting applications & letters of interest for the FT position(s) of:
Mechanic & Mechanic Helper
Successful completion of one (1) year of training in automotive technology at an accredited community college or vocational school.
Mechanic will require: Two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of various types of motor vehicles and/or construction equipment such as bulldozers, tractors, cranes, road graders, power shovels, or similar equipment.
NOTE 1: Applicants who do not possess the required year of formal training may substitute one (1) additional year of experience as outlined above. NOTE 2: An Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification in one of the following specialties from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence may be substituted for the formal training: A-1 Engine Repair, A-6 Electrical/Electronic Systems, A-8 Engine Performance.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey. Appointees will be required to possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and applicable endorsements for the class and type of vehicle being operated.
Mechanic rate: $24.19 (rate subject to change upon ratification of contract)
Mechanic Helper rate: $21.36 (rate subject to change upon ratification of contract)
**All open lateral positions in any department shall be offered by seniority to current employees before the hiring of new employees. Seniority in conjunction with the ability to perform the job shall be the determining factor for the filling of promotional positions**
Applications/letters of interest can be submitted to:
Christine Scola/Human Resource Department ~ 125 Virginia Ave. 3rd Floor
Applications at monroetownshipnj.org/employment
****Closing Date for submission of applications is Friday June 2, 2023 at 4pm
Job Posting: SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR
If you’re good with kids and enjoy being active, we encourage you to apply. Previous work with children is required.
This is a full-time temporary position. This summer, our camp is a 7 week program and runs on weekdays (excluding July 4th) from July 3rd to August 18th 2023. In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to work at least 6 weeks of our program.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Education and/or Experience working with children in grades K-9 preferred
- Camp experience is a bonus, though not required
- Assists the Camp Director and Camp Activities Director with the delivery and execution of the Summer Camp Program.
- Assures campers are properly supervised at all times, providing a safe environment while modeling the appropriate behavior
- Keep record of all campers’ attendance, injuries, misbehavior
- Responsible for leading or assisting with the teaching of activities
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their camp group within activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes
- Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, sportsmanship attitude and behavior
- Follow safety and security protocols when campers are in public while presenting a positive image of the camp
- Actively participate in all program areas as assigned
The above list of duties is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Salary Range: $14.13 to $16.88 per hour
Closing date for applications is May 12th, 2023.
Job Posting: SEASONAL LABORER(S)
TOWNSHIP OF MONROE COUNTY OF GLOUCESTER
Department of Public Works is now accepting applications for the position of:
(approximately May through September ~ could vary)
$15.54 per hour
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Cuts grass
- Trims hedges
- Loads and unloads trucks
- Shovels Cuts down trees, destroys vines, weeds and undergrowth
- Digs out stumps/ manual grading
- Collects rubbish and other refuse
- Operate maintenance equipment
- Sweeps streets and sidewalks
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
RATE: $15.54 per hour.Residency Preferred
Applications can be submitted to:
Christine Scola, Human Resource Department ~ 125 Virginia Ave. 3rd Floor