MONROE TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT
IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
S.L.E.O. III Police Officers
Applicants must possess a Police Training Commission (PTC) S.L.E.O. III Certification or be eligible to apply for a waiver.
• Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States.
• Must be a retired officer in good standing who has previously served as a duly qualified, full-time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, agency of this state, bi-state agency, or federal agency, and must be living in New Jersey.
• Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
• Must pass a medical, psychological, and drug screening prior to appointment.
• Must complete and pass a background investigation.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently and have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
• Is of good moral character and sound body and good health.
• Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
Officers retired for more than 3 years will be required to complete the Basic Course for Police Officers.
Applicants shall complete an application, include their pension information, and provide a resume to include additional training applicable to the position of SLEO III. This shall be submitted to the Monroe Township Police Department before June 1, 2022, at 9:00 am. Applications can be obtained online at https://monroetownshipnj.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2020-Employment-Application-Monroe-Township-Fillable-5.12.2020.pdf or picked up at the Monroe Township Municipal Building.
Any questions, contact Deputy Chief Gene Sulzbach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 856-728-9800 Ext. 519
SALARY: S.L.E.O III OFFICERS START AT $33.80 PER HOUR