for the part time position of
Records Support Technician 1
Positions in this title perform routine clerical work within a structured work setting. Incumbents work under close supervision with clearly defined guidelines and operating procedures. Under direction performs a variety of clerical tasks which involve computing, classifying, verifying data, reconciliation of accounts, records, and documents; does other related duties as required. Incumbents must be computer literate and have strong communication skills. Must be capable of prioritizing, organizing incoming records promptly, and have strong analytical and organizational skills.
Example of some software applications used are Laserfiche, Word, Outlook and Excel.
NOTE: The definition and examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- • Under the direction of the Municipal Clerk/Records Custodian, incumbent performs a variety of technical and clerical support functions to include data entry, archives and records management, copy room and mailroom activities. Assignments may be given on a daily basis and work is reviewed through direct observation and feedback from departmental users.
- • Performs support role in providing information to the public and municipal departments on retention and disposition of records.
- • Assists with other clerical duties to include sorting of inter-office mail within and outside of townhall, answering the telephone and providing information and referral to users from other departments.
- • Receives, screens, reviews and verifies documents. Reviews and checks assigned reports, applications, and other documents for corrections and completeness; refers problems to a lead worker or supervisor for resolution.
- • Sorts, indexes, and files checks, cash stubs, vouchers, requisitions and other materials, numerically, alphabetically, or according to other predetermined classification; maintains such files.
- • Receives applications, documents, forms and fees; screens, sorts and assembles this information for further processing. Including outside mail.
- • Assembles materials and forms for distribution as directed. Hand stamps letters, papers, and other documents.
- • Provides general, routine information in person and over the telephone; refers complicated or non-routine inquiries to appropriate staff.
- • Prepares routine reports or assists in the preparation of reports by gathering data, tabulating results, and/or preparing simple charts. Maintains records and files.
- • Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
One (1) year or more of experience in clerical work preferred.
High school diploma, GED or greater
$19.29 per hour
Letters of interest/applications can be submitted to:
Christine Scola Human Resource Department ~ 125 Virginia Ave. 3rd Floor Williamstown