Township of Monroe Tax Collector’s Office
125 Virginia Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094
HOURS & PAYMENT OPTIONS
Monday thru Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Property Taxes are due
- February 1st
- May 1st
- August 1st
- November 1st
- Note: Each quarter is granted a 10-day grace period from to and including the 1st. If the 10th day falls on a holiday or weekend, it is extended to the next business day.
Convenient Ways to pay your bill (We do not accept postmarks):
Pay by phone Dial 866-572-9477 and follow the prompts ( see processing fee chart for added charges)
Processing Fees for Pay by Phone and Online Bill Pay Options
$1.05 for electric check
$3.95 for Visa Debit transaction
2.95% for all other debit/credit card transactions
- Drop box at the Tax Collector’s Office (if you would like a receipt a self-addressed stamped envelope must be enclosed with your payment).
- Mail in your payment (if you would like a receipt a self-addressed stamped envelope must be enclosed with your payment).
- In Person at the Tax Collector’s Office (see hours below, credit card payments not accepted in the office, only online).
- Or, you may contact your personal bank for automatic online bill pay.
*If paying by check, including Bill Pay checks from your Banking Institution, please identify the property the payment is intended for. You may use the Block/Lot/Qualifier Number, the Current Tax Account Number or the Property Location. This information is located in the top left section of the Bill. Keep in mind when submitting your payment to allow enough time to be delivered by the due date. We suggest at least 7-10 days. Checks that do not have property identifiers will be sent back to the address on the check and may be subject to additional fees.
*The interest listed on delinquent taxes is calculated for the current day’s date.
You can view future interest calculations online by clicking on the interest rate tab.
For water/sewer questions, please call (856)629-1444
Tax assessment questions, please call (856)307-6445
Click the link below to access property tax data for the Township of Monroe
Please be aware the data is current as of the end of the previous business Day.
Also, the data is not to be used for property tax searches for property settlement transactions. For all property settlement transactions you must request an official Tax Search from the tax office and pay the required fee.The Tax Collectors Department is responsible for billing and collection of all property taxes assessed in Monroe Township.Within these responsibilities are the maintenance of all computer files related to each property as to the billing and the receipt of payments, interest or any charges.In addition, all Tax Sales and Foreclosures are initiated through the Tax Collectors Office.
Contact via Email
(856) 728-9800 ext 285