Department of Public Safety Is now accepting applications for a
Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator
The Monroe Township Office of Emergency Management is responsible for the Townships Emergency Response Plan (EOP) and all related duties. We are looking for an energetic, positive, self-driven individual with the desire to apply their talents and experience to a team that makes up the Monroe Township Office of Emergency Management.
• Prior emergency service/police experience preferred
• Skills and ability to update and maintain Monroe Twp.’s Emergency Operation Plan (EOP)
• Familiar with NJ Emergency Management Grants website
• Working computer knowledge of word and excel
• Ability to be on call a minimum of four days a month, flexible schedule
• Ability to attend training or already attended: Basic Workshop in Emergency Management and up to ICS 200
• Maintain 24 hours of training a year
• Instructor certified “Methods of Instruction” or similar certification preferred
• Work well with other members of the emergency services
• Designated Safety Coordinator for Monroe Twp.
• Ability to issue addresses within Monroe Twp.
• Ability to comply with OPRA requests
• Ability to Issue Monroe Twp. Identifications
• Familiar with the operations of an Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
• Familiar with the Right to Know program
• Anyone interested should refer to State OEM web site and Monroe Twp. OEM Ordinance for additional information on duties and qualifications
• Ability to keep records and files
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
Appointee must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
RATE: $17.61-22.66 per hour/ Part Time position (24 hours a week)
Residency restriction preferred
Applications can be submitted to:
Christine Scola, Human Resource Department ~ 125 Virginia Ave. 3rd Floor
Applications can be found at: monroetownshipnj.org/employment
Expiration of posting: December 31, 2021
TOWNSHIP OF MONROE
COUNTY OF GLOUCESTER
Department of Administration ~ Office of Personnel
856-728-9800 ext. 205