If you would like to submit an employment application for the job position listed below please do the following:
- First, Open the employment application link below
- Next, Fill/type all fields in the application. Please note: you MUST list the position in the position field in the application
- After completing the application, it must be saved to your computer
- Finally, Open your email, attach the saved application, and email to hrMonroe@monroetownshipnj.org (Note: you MUST put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email or it will be misfiled)
Monroe Twp seeks FT Municipal Department Head:
PW Dept. Sanitation/Recycling
Must have experience. (5+) yrs in solid waste operations, at least (3) yrs in a supervisory capacity.
Proven leadership skills
Deadline 1/2/18 at 4pm
BELOW IS THE FULL DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
Municipal Department Head for SANITATION AND RECYCLING
Under direction, supervises and may work with a group of employees engaged in sanitation and recycling. This unclassified management position is responsible for planning, supervising and coordinating the operations of refuse collection, recycling and disposal. ; does other related duties as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Responsibilities include supervision of Sanitation and Recycling Crews, Sanitation drivers and Recycling drivers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. The daily oversight of the Sanitation Division including direct supervision of Sanitation and Recycling crew, monitoring the effectiveness of the refuse collection and disposal system along with establishing and monitoring routes.
2. Supervises staff, including instructing, assigning, planning, and reviewing work, evaluating work performance and completing performance evaluations, coordinating activities, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, acting on employee problems, implementing employee discipline, providing training, advice and assistance as needed.
3. Coordinates activities and operations with other department personnel as needed; establish effective working relationships with other departments.
4. Investigate and respond to citizen inquiries and complaints promptly, completely, and courteously.
5. Relieve/assist office staff as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
• Principles of solid waste collection operations and business practices related to equipment operation,
customer service, and solid waste laws, ordinances and codes at the local, state, and federal level.
• Methods used in supervising, training, and evaluating personnel.
• Safety regulations as required by OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
• Functions, characteristics, and proper care of tools, equipment, and materials used in collection of refuse.
Skill and Ability to:
• Develop, implement and evaluate division policy and programs to improve operations.
• Analyze complex issues, evaluate alternative solutions, develop sound conclusions, and recommend a course of action.
• Manage the work of subordinates including coaching staff for improvement and development, training, assigning, monitoring and evaluating work performance, counseling and disciplining staff and resolving grievances.
• Plan, coordinate and manage the activities of staff and outside contractors as necessary.
• Interpret and apply ordinances and policies affecting departmental operations.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department heads, staff, private community organizations, and others encountered in the course of work.
• Develop clear, concise, and comprehensive studies and reports.
• Prepare and monitor a preventative maintenance program of all municipal vehicles within division.
• Investigate and respond to complaints in a tactful, courteous, and effective manner.
• Operate a computer and other office equipment.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES
Possession of a valid NJ Class B driver’s license.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
(5) years of experience in solid waste operations, with at least three (3) year in a supervisory capacity. A combination of education, training, or experience that would qualify for the position may be considered.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Require the mobility to stand, stoop, reach, and bend. Require mobility of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate small objects.
• Perform lifting, pushing and/or pulling which does not exceed 50 pounds and is an infrequent aspect of the job.
• Is subject to office and outside environmental conditions.
• Must be able to work evenings or weekends
NOTE! Please utilize Internet Explorer 11 or Google Chrome to fill out the application and print or save to your own desktop to email.
On Microsoft OS version 10 utilizing Microsoft Edge the form filler on the employment application will not function at this time.