The National Energy and Utility Affordability Coalition (NEUAC) has declared August Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Action Month. Atlantic City Electric is partnering to ensure that low-income and at-risk customers are made aware of assistance available to help them with their utility bills. Help us to remind your constituents, our customers, of the numerous options to apply for energy assistance including LIHEAP.
- LIHEAP provides for an emergency crisis, heating and medically necessary cooling costs. Customers can apply Oct. 1 through April 30 through a network of local agencies. For more information, call 800-510-3102 or visit energyassistance.nj.gov.
- The Universal Service Fund (USF) helps ensure energy bills are more affordable for eligible customers. Call 800-510-3102 or visit energyassistance.nj.gov for details.
- The Payment Assistance for Gas and Electric (PAGE) program provides relief on natural gas and electric bills for low to moderate-income households that are experiencing a temporary financial crisis. For more information, call 732-982-8710 or visit njpoweron.org.
- New Jersey SHARES is a nonprofit corporation that provides assistance to income eligible households with energy, telephone and water bills. Visit njshares.org or call 866-657-4273 for details.
- Lifeline is a utility assistance program that offers $225 to persons who meet certain income guidelines. For more information about Lifeline, call 800-792-9745.
- New Jersey’s non-emergency helpline is another valuable resource to get information on these and other social service programs. Visit www.nj211.org or call 211.
- Customers can also contact Atlantic City Electric’s Customer Care Center at 1-800-642-3780 and ask about Budget Billing or register for My Account, a web-based interactive tool that provides customers with a detailed analysis of their specific electric use and offers ways to save energy and save money on their monthly energy bill.